Jan 15, 2011

Day 7 - Superfly - Wildflower

Before I go any further, I need to explain that I'm only reviewing the "Track 1" sections of this single, and will not cover the best-of album or "Track 3" single that's attached to it. That would be almost 20 tracks, and I just don't have that kind of stamina yet.



I wasn't expecting a lot after the "Superfly" PV that I reviewed for GK awhile back, but I was pleasantly surprised. Every track on this single is upbeat and easy to listen to. There are none that I dislike. They have a good sound, they're all solid rock with good instrumentation and vocals, and they're all toe-tappers. I wouldn't say that these are my favorite songs I've heard so far - I prefer something rock with more complex guitar, or something that's a little more dancy - but all the tracks good. I especially like "Tamashii Revolution," which has both traditional rock guitar with brass. It's a great combination that makes it really stand out from the usual rock faire. It feeds into "Free Planet," which has a similar style to "Tamashii Revolution," just without the brass. Definitely good for a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment