Jan 12, 2011

Day 3 - AKB48 - Beginner, Type B

Second verse, same as the first.

I don't know if I should even be writing a second entry for Type B. There's literally only one song different between the two of them. (Instead of "Kimi ni Tsuite," Type B has "Nakeru Basho.") I didn't realize this when I made the schedule, though, and dammit, I'm determined to post everyday!

I have a pretty big problem with this single, and there's no nice way to put it, so I'll just go ahead and say it: I just couldn't tell the different between the two of them. No, not like that - they do sound different. I mean, for one thing, the two songs that are different have different lyrics. But they're both slow songs, and it doesn't create that big of a difference on the single as a whole. I mean, for gods' sake, I had to listen to each song again just now to remember which was which. And when I listened to "Nakeru Basho" I literally couldn't remember ever having heard it before. At least with "Kimi ni Tsuite" I remembered hearing it, and that I thought it was a pretty okay song. Sorry Type B - you fail. But that's Japan for you: the Japanese music money-making machine is all about selling gullible consumers things that they already own but with slightly altered features. And I guess if it works for them, more power to them. Just don't expect me to buy any of that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment