Jan 10, 2011

Day 1 - Miura Daichi - The Answer

Before I go further in the post, I'd like to apologize for it (the very first one!) being late.  Although I had some good plans for the night, my son didn't like that they didn't include him.  So I got to go to bed an hour earlier to help him get to sleep.  Hooray.

Now to the music!


As a whole, I wasn't a huge fan of this single.  I mean, I'm not not a huge fan, either, but....well, it's really just not my style of music.  I really loved the A-side: "The Answer" is a really good song, even for not being my style.  It hits the sweet-spot on the catchiness scale: it's catchy enough that it would make a good dancing song because you can remember it well, but it doesn't turn into a "the winter fairy is melting the snowman" (Kimura Kaela) or "Telephone" (Lady Gaga) when you close your eyes at night.  I can actually see myself listening to this again, which is really a feat for a hip-hop song.

The B-sides on the other hand...meh.  "Gotta Make You Mine" has some pretty annoying electronic elements, but it's another otherwise okay song.  Very catchy.  I caught myself singing it to my son while I was feeding him dinner and right before bedtime.  Ouch.  The third track, "Human Nature," I just find totally annoying.  I'm actually listening to it now as I write, and I just want to get the paragraph over with so that I can turn it off.  ("Why?  Why?  Tell them that it's human nature..."  *barf*)

I think that this might be a good single for someone who likes hip hop, but that's just not me.  "The Answer" has some serious re-play value, but the other two songs fall short.



Before I go, I have another bit of news.  As I may have mentioned during one of my other posts, I translate and write articles for Gaijin Kanpai.  I like to listen to what the Jaylee, Zer0, and Loki are listening to while I'm writing so that I can actually have an opinion during the uStream broadcast on Tuesdays.  Therefore, I'll be folding that listening into the listening I already do here to give you three reviews on Mondays.  (You can call it "Magical Mondays" if you want - catchy names ftw?)  First up are TESTSUYA's album "COME ON!" and MiChi's "LOVE is."  Which are due for me to write about today.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment