Jan 29, 2011

Day 21 - Kamiki Aya - Gloriosa

"Gloriosa" certainly isn't what I was expecting based on the name. (Look, just get used to it. It'll be easier for your mind in the long run.) I mean, "Gloriosa?" It's a hip-hop title if I ever heard one! But instead, Kamiki Aya dishes out the rock on this album. Although it's nothing that's high musical art, it is fun to listen to. There's some solid shredding on "Fly Away," some rock with synth on "Satisfaction" and "Lost In The World," solid drum work that makes the song on "Truth Needs No Color." Of course, it also has it's issues: most of the songs sound really similar, and not in the "all this is so hardcore that I have trouble distinguishing one hardcore thing from the others!" way, like I experienced with Straightener. The only real departure in style is "Pop-eyed fish," which has more of a classic rock feel, including a piano. Also, I've been spoiled by the vocal quality of the past few albums I've reviewed. Aya's voice is good, but it's not fantastic and it's a little muddled through the entire album. Still, even with it's little problems, it's a thoroughly enjoyable and I'll be coming back to it when I need some girl rock.


Aya Kamiki - Revolver PV
Uploaded by dingdingue. - Explore more music videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment