Jan 13, 2011

Day 4 - HALCALI - ENDLESS NIGHT

I'm completely in love with this single. It's the best I've heard so far: the music is bassy, synthy, and chill, and all four tracks are good. And when I say "all four," I really am including the instrumental tracks. That's right: the music is good enough to stand up on it's own, even without lyrics. I was shocked by this single from the first note, because the last (and, incidentally, the first) thing I heard from HALCALI was "Rouman Hokou," which is a mess, no matter how you slice it. (I even hate the PV.) I could listen to this entire single on endless loop all day, and I don't think I'd get tired of it. Okay, maybe throw in a single rotation of "LOVE is." and "YEAH YEAH YEAH" from MiChi to break it up. But then back to "ENDLESS NIGHT." Although I haven't heard the other selections for GK's top 5 singles or albums, I'll go out on a limb and say right now that this is my #1. Seriously - if there's a better single or album than this, I'll die of music-gasm before I can write about it. Big kudos to HALCALI: with "ENDLESS NIGHT" you've taken me from wishing you'd disappear off the face of the planet to actually looking forward to your next CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment