Feb 25, 2011

YUZU - 2-NI- - I love my readers

Do you guys know how much I love you?

I don't think you do.

Let me tell you just how much I love you in the only terms that truly express the depth of that love:

I LISTENED TO THIS WHOLE SHITTY ALBUM FOR YOU. FOR YOU.

This album is flat. It's ugly. The guys sing like crap and I think there's literally at least one place on each song where they or the music is off-key. They have a tendency to use stringed instruments in a way that makes them sound like cheezy-ass "Chinese" music from a B-movie. In "Daikan-yama Refrain" they mix this gross "Chinese" sound with a country vibe. GROSS. Even when their music isn't ill-matched or off-key, it's just uninteresting. They take every boring "Japanese music" trick and use it, without doing anything new. It's like all of AKB48 was suddenly changed into two middle-aged men. Or like the members of Arashi grew up and kept singing their music without realizing that at least 75% of their appeal is sex appeal.

A few weeks ago, I was talking to Jaylee from Gaijin Kanpai, and I told him that the reason I think I like Japanese music more than Western music is that it's simply better: it's better constructed, has better production, and seems more thought-out.

This album takes all the compliments I gave Japanese music and burns them with acid.

I wanted to stop listening after track five, when I realized that it really was never going to hit it's stride. But I kept listening. For you. So you could get a complete review.

I love you guys. Don't you ever doubt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment