Feb 13, 2011

PUFFY - "Happy Birthday" makes me sad because it makes me happy

OMG, you guys: WHY CAN'T THIS SINGLE JUST SUCK?

I have a (possibly unreasonable?) searing hate for PUFFY. It's not complicated but it is incredibly shallow: Ami from PUFFY is married to Teru from GLAY. But before they were married, Ami was the woman that Teru cheated on his first wife with.

Yup, Ami's a homewrecker.

(I blame Teru just as much. What a bastard! But he certainly can sing...)

Also, I found "Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi" unbearably annoying.

What a dumb couple of reasons to hate a band, right? I hate these girls! I wasn't looking forward to forcing myself to sit through this single, because I was certain that it would induce life-threatening projectile vomiting.

But it's good! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The only way I can save face is by saying that their music isn't quite my style - it's more classic rock than I like, and slightly too cute for me, but damn it, I can't deny that it's good. My favorite song is the live track "Gingakei Drive." I usually hate live tracks, but this one doesn't have the same problems with background noise that most live tracks do, and it's a really creative use of multiple genres.

Sum up: I hate PUFFY even more now - for making music that I like. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment