Feb 25, 2011

Rie Fu - For You - Hey, thanks!

It's funny - I never thought I'd find a single by Rie Fu where I like the B-sides better than the A-side. Although "For You" is a perfectly serviceable song, it's nothing that I want to listen to over and over - it's slightly saccharine, and...folky, perhaps? I have trouble pinning down what about it bothers me, but I don't like it when it gets stuck in my head. "Come on Come" and "One-Bite," though, are both lovely; just what I expect from Rie Fu. "Come on Come on" is easy-going and upbeat, very chill and easy to listen to; it sounds like hot sun and cool grass. "One-Bite" has a sadder vibe, and reminds me a lot of those country songs from my childhood. (Again? I know, right?) Don't let the "country" assessment throw you off, though - it's beautiful. And in all three tracks, Rie's voice is lovely as always. The "For You" instrumental is alright, but nothing special - not something I'm happy to have on the album. Overall, if I were you I'd go for the B-sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment