Feb 10, 2011

Yusuke - Anou...This Album Totally Isn't My Style, Kedo

For all the nervousness of its title, "Anou, Yume Motemasu Kedo" is a very confident album. Most of the music is hop pop, but a significant proportion is some kind of Caribbean-flavored style (soca? reggae?) that's somewhat reminiscent of "Who Let the Dogs Out?" So... Totally not my style. Sorry Yusuke. Despite it not being up my personal alley, the album is solid. It's upbeat, bright, and the production is good. I tended to like the hop pop tracks more than the Caribbean, and there were quite a lot that I liked. "Ate no Nai Tegami" is my favorite, and I also really liked "Hito" and "Senjou no Ongaku Dan." Some tracks that are a bit flat - "Lion" doesn't do much to make itself interesting - but overall it's a good album. If you like hop pop or Caribbean you'll probably love this album. If someone turned this album on I'd happily bob my head as it played. But there's not going to be a day when I think to myself, "Man, I really want to listen to 'Anou, Yume Motemasu Kedo!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment