Aug 12, 2011

Hiatus Freaking AGAIN

So some things have come up in my life that require me to take yet another effing hiatus. Long story short, we've completely lost access to childcare, so my husband has to quit his job to take care of our son. Unfortunately, his job provides the place we live, so we also have to move. (Before you ask, I can't quit my job for a number of reasons, foremost of which is that I have the bigger income, the retirement account, provide the health care, etc.) Worst of all, we're losing our current day care in less than two weeks, so that's all the time we have to find a place, get packed, and moved in. So I'm going to be packing and cleaning and calling apartments for openings like a crazy mad woman (yeah, double crazy) until the beginning of September. At which point I'll be unpacking and cleaning like a mad woman, but at least then I won't have a deadline as tight as a noose.

So I'll see you all in September. As a parting gift I offer you the following discs that I would have written about. They're all good (and surprisingly so in two different cases).

- Chemistry, "independence" (Single, Pop)
- Buono!, "Partenza" (Single, Pop)
- SCANDAL, "BABY ACTION" (Album, Rock)
- Tanimura Nana, "NANA BEST" (Album, Pop)

Also, don't bother with Yamashita Tetsuro's "Ray of Hope." It sounds like he was purposefully trying to recreate horrible 90s ballads.

Until we meet again, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment